Be part of leading edge research and development at Aware, Inc., a global provider of commercial off-the-shelf, standards-based biometrics software since 1993. We are looking for world-class engineer scientists who excel at algorithm development and are not intimidated by challenging problems. Aware seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Research Scientist to join its research team at its headquarters in Bedford, MA.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, team-oriented experienced research scientist or engineer with a good understanding of image processing, machine learning and pattern recognition. This position requires an organized individual with very strong technical skills who is adept at understanding and solving complex technical problems and eager to explore uncharted territories in biometrics and pattern matching.
Responsibilities include performing advanced algorithm research and development in areas deemed complimentary to Aware’s digital image-based software products with a focus on biometric applications. The Research Scientist will work with the engineering staff to implement research results into commercial-quality software for product development and enhancement.
• degree: Ph.D. in computer science, EE or related discipline
• proven track record of algorithm development and software implementation
• training or work experience in pattern classification, machine learning, clustering, image analysis
• strong background in mathematics, statistics and AI
• excellent writing and oral communication skills
• thorough knowledge and use of modern programming languages and operating systems, including: C/C++/Java, Python, in Windows and Linux/Unix environments
• experience with large datasets, empirical testing, experiment design, statistical data analysis a plus
• face, and/or voice biometric experience a plus