Gray Optics is a product development and technology company specializing in optical systems for medical, life sciences, and industrial markets. We partner with our clients to provide innovative technology solutions, creating sustainable value for both our clients and our business.
We are seeking an experienced and highly self-motivated computer vision engineer with expertise in computational imaging, 3D computer vision, and camera ISP pipelines.
- Research, develop and prototype advanced hardware and software technologies related to tracking, 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, and object detection
- Develop and implement image signal processing (including denoising, demosaicing, image enhancements)
- Apply machine learning to computer vision problems
- Conceive proof-of-concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various deployed systems
- Understanding of optical physics and image formation
- Solid foundation in Computer Vision methods and concepts
- Strong Python and C/C++ development skills
- Experience with OpenCV or similar vision libraries
- Experience with 3D computational imaging, stereo imaging, optical imaging, tracking, registration
- Experience in working with vendor supplied camera ISPs.
- Familiarity with deep learning techniques is a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
Education & Experience
PhD in Computer Vision or similar, alternatively a comparable industry career, with significant experience in state-of-the-art Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition fields.