We’re an early stage startup and super excited about the future of robotics. We are enabling all kinds of amazing new applications by making it easy for robots to know where they are with extreme accuracy. We’re obsessed with cars, drones and the technology that makes them work. Our team members have built autonomous vehicles, race cars, satellites and more. We’re looking for people who share this passion and want to join a small team that will make an enormous impact.
We’re located in San Francisco at the amazing Pier 9 Workshop @ Bolt.
You’ll be leading our computer vision efforts, working on cutting edge, large scale localization problems. Cameras are a first class sensor in our localization system, so you’ll be working closely with our world class Sensor Fusion and GPS experts and directly impacting the next generation of self driving vehicles.
Things you’ll work with everyday:
- Design and implementation of state of the art monocular computer vision algorithms.
- Solve problems involving odometry, landmark detection, structure from motion and segmentation in large scale outdoor environments.
- Integrate vision based algorithms into our probabilistic fusion framework.
- Help in identifying core requirements for camera sensors.
- Code development in C++/Python.
- Work with real data on our self driving car.
- Masters or PhD Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or both.
- Deep Experience in SfM, VO, and classical computer vision algorithms.
- Expert knowledge in computational geometry.
- Experience in machine learning, feature detection and classification.
- Experience with open source computer vision and linear algebra frameworks.
- A solid background in statistics, probability and linear algebra.
- Experience with real world datasets.
- Experience with real time algorithm implementation.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Experience with CV algorithm packages (Eigen, OpenCV, etc.).
- Knowledge of Deep learning techniques applied to CV.
- Experience in Linux based environments.
- Experience in SLAM and/or motion planning.
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCL or other GPU frameworks.
- Experience with machine learning, object detection, and recognition (particularly using TensorFlow).
- Experience with automotive systems or UAV systems.
- Ability to lead a small technical team that balances research and application.
- We are open to remote work; however, would prefer applicants be able to work from/relocate to San Francisco, CA where our central offices are located.
- Generous early stage equity package in a venture backed startup.
- SF Offices at Pier 9 Workshop.
- Unlimited training on almost every machine shop tool imaginable.
- Healthcare, dental and vision coverage (Blue Shield).
- Commuter benefits.
- Flexible work hours.
- Close to BART, Caltrain and Ferry Building.
We are ideally looking for candidates who can start immediately
To apply for this job, please click the “Apply for this Job” button below.
San Francisco, CA